Planet Smartwatch

Be smart, use your watch!

Il be the first

General talk about the Omate TrueSmart...
Re: Il be the first
Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:24 am

helgaiden wrote:the omate forum is down though.

And it won't be back anytime soon, that's why the mods team started this forum... We hope to continue all activity here...
Current devices:
Asus Padfone (32GB), Android 4.1.1, Own custom ROM (T-Mobile NL)
Simvalley Smartwatch (512MB/4GB), Android 4.2.2, Stock ROM (Vodafone NL)
Expecting:
Omate TrueSmart (1GB/8GB Oct. Dev.), Android 4.2.2, Stock ROM
SparkyRih

Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:26 am

SparkyRih wrote:

And it won't be back anytime soon, that's why the mods team started this forum... We hope to continue all activity here...

Indeed.
Current Devices
-Sony Xperia Z1s (T-Mobile)
-Samsung Galaxy S4 (Sprint, work phone)
-HP Touchpad running CM10.1

Patiently (and patiently and patiently...) awaiting
Omate Truesmart 1gb/8gb 1900mhz
helgaiden

Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:20 am

I am also in a business that would have allowed me to attend CES, but shame on me for believing in Omate's promises right? Should have just did what you did. I know all about the FCC issues and whats going on with all that (and sucks that you technically just voided the waterproofing warranty by doing what you did) but im still looking forward to this, damnti! lol.

not really More like Shame on THE FEDS for telling OMATE 1 thing and doing another.. i understand how this kind of thing can happen when dealing with FCC so no surprises for me ..

Omate didnt know it was going to take that long , the Feds told them 4 to 6 weeks and they just passed it on to there backers as to when it would ship .

As far as warranty well....i bought it knowing i was putting a SD card in and Rooting it so i cared less about the waterproof warranty obliviously lol... so guess it didn't suck for me. choice i made knowing the void .... waiting for the Pine now they say it ships next month but not holding my breath.. BTW You didnt miss much at CES just the crowds
Last edited by Al_G on Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Al_G

Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:50 am

Lol we get it, Mr.white knight , "you're in the business." Cool story, bro.
Current Devices
-Sony Xperia Z1s (T-Mobile)
-Samsung Galaxy S4 (Sprint, work phone)
-HP Touchpad running CM10.1

Patiently (and patiently and patiently...) awaiting
Omate Truesmart 1gb/8gb 1900mhz
helgaiden

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:17 am

have to say got mine on February 4th. Got second one on Feb. 7. Both were checked in to the US on Jan 31 going to the same address. Not sure why they were 3 days apart. US postal system just as much to blame.
adlakeche

Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:45 pm

SparkyRih wrote:

Funny enough that Omate actual official forum went down just before sharing another Update and announcing that soon there maybe all variant of Omate watch will be launched by UMAOX......

IS that only me or others also smell the RAT ? clean-up any rants by backers/customers = Clean-up official forum...

and in process we also missed all valuable tips Loki and others were sharing with link to their video, patch, ROM and what not......

First time ever I will say that Omate was a bad decision :oops:
curious

Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:00 pm

curious wrote:
SparkyRih wrote:

Funny enough that Omate actual official forum went down just before sharing another Update and announcing that soon there maybe all variant of Omate watch will be launched by UMAOX......

IS that only me or others also smell the RAT ? clean-up any rants by backers/customers = Clean-up official forum...

and in process we also missed all valuable tips Loki and others were sharing with link to their video, patch, ROM and what not......

First time ever I will say that Omate was a bad decision :oops:

I partially agree, but once again, it's their very very very bad communication... The fact that the forum is down is due to bad communication towards me... I explained to them (BEFORE the forum went down) that it was a very very bad idea to switch back to their old server, but they ignored that e-mail... And now they're screwed, I'm currently trying to help them, but their server won't be able to handle the forum + they have no forum moderators left, they all stopped due to NO communication from Omate...

I hope Loki and the others will pick this forum up, because we know what we're doing, this server can handle it, and I'm also on the Omate VIP list, so I'll be one of the first to get an alpha version of their next device...

So in conclusion: Omate is really trying to do the right thing, they really are, but their communications is just crap :S
Current devices:
Expecting:
SparkyRih

Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:47 pm

SparkyRih wrote:I partially agree, but once again, it's their very very very bad communication... The fact that the forum is down is due to bad communication towards me... I explained to them (BEFORE the forum went down) that it was a very very bad idea to switch back to their old server, but they ignored that e-mail... And now they're screwed, I'm currently trying to help them, but their server won't be able to handle the forum + they have no forum moderators left, they all stopped due to NO communication from Omate...

I hope Loki and the others will pick this forum up, because we know what we're doing, this server can handle it, and I'm also on the Omate VIP list, so I'll be one of the first to get an alpha version of their next device...

Considering they knew things are never going to work (for delivery / forum / commitments) + they have very limited staff handling two kickstarter projects (Cecilia sends emails to Truesmart & Rocky both backers) + They don't have decency to even say a word about moving forum or placing message on official site that Forum link is actually non-working link........ and foremost software & design company can't manage their forum software & server and have most development done by non-omate developers..........

summing all this up we go to your last comment

SparkyRih wrote:So in conclusion: Omate is really trying to do the right thing, they really are, but their communications is just crap :S

I definitely can't find any professionalism, technical know-how, honesty and as all said communication skills in Omate / rocky or whatsoever........ ROM, clockface, firmware, patch none of them are their's - all apps unofficial with rooting - device basic security lacking (and not yet fixed after custom ROM out there for months)....

enough said of them but honestly either they grow-up or least stop getting fucked-up..... (apologies for language - couldn't find any other word)
curious

Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:15 pm

I see your point, not saying your wrong, not saying your right either :P But I get it :)

Only thing I want to say about it is: Them not being able to handle their own website/forum, that's normal for a company... That's pretty much what my company does for a lot of companies :)

But as a software company you would expect them to do development in-house, yeah, that I totally agree with...
Current devices:
Expecting:
SparkyRih

Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:13 am

SparkyRih wrote:I see your point, not saying your wrong, not saying your right either :P But I get it :)

Only thing I want to say about it is: Them not being able to handle their own website/forum, that's normal for a company... That's pretty much what my company does for a lot of companies :)

But as a software company you would expect them to do development in-house, yeah, that I totally agree with...

I know you want to have next alpha version so you wouldn't agree ;)

They are so good at not so right things that I am very much ill-motivated to start my new company (Comate = cunning omate) and launch kickstarter....
sourcing hardware and getting it put together is kids-play in china as for money you can get everything you want....
in addition getting ROM and software done is not as expansive as it seems, just go to XDA and elance and one get all resource they ever need to get watch going with custom and specialized apps :ugeek: :mrgreen:
curious

PreviousNext

Return to Omate Smartwatches